Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Ellen Hutson's Pin Sights Challenge

Last week I got in a few of Ellen Hutson's new products in and I have to say they are great! This is my first experience with the Essentials by Ellen stamps and dies, though I do use the storage envelopes and magnetic sheets, so I knew the quality would be on point.

As soon as I saw the Mondo Sakura stamp set, I had to break it out and try water color stamping with it. I made several variations including a couple that used the colors and images for the April Color Trends Challenge: Pantone Drama Queen Palette. I will probably have another post using the other three backgrounds I made because I love all of them. 



Using my mini Misti, I stamped the Mondo Sakura flower onto some damp (not wet) watercolor paper. I used Distress Inks, and worked on the colors from top to bottom: vintage photo, picked raspberry, seedless preserves, peacock feathers, and salty ocean. 

When everything was dry I stamped my greeting on the background with VersaFine onyx black ink. The "extraordinary" I stamped on vellum and coated it with Ranger's Black Sparkle embossing powder, which gives any product an little extra

New Essentials by Ellen Mondo Sakura stamp set.



I flicked the same colors plus some mowed lawn over the leftover white space and ran it through my die machine using Honey Bee's Honey Cuts A2 Double Stitched Frames. I adhered the die cut piece to an A2 size card base made from Lawn Fawn Narwhal cardstock to pull in a gray tone. I thought it needed something extra so I grabbed some jewels with similar colors and adhered them on.

Check back in soon to see more crafty creations! 







No comments:

Post a Comment